Search This Blog

Klitschko vs Haye this Summer?




Fans have been reassured that a Klitschko vs Haye clash will happen this summer, even if big brother Vitali has to step in for Wladimir.
There has been much talk about the Wladimir's fitness after he twice withdrew from a bout with Dereck Chisora.

The IBF, IBO and WBO world champion was due to face 'Del Boy' in December but the bout was rescheduled for April when Klitschko suffered a torn abdominal muscle.

A failure to properly recover from that injury forced the Ukrainian to call off the revised meeting and he subsequently signed a deal to fight WBA champion David Haye.

Haye's camp have set Klitschko a May deadline to prove his fitness by and the 34-year-old plans to start his training soon.

He said: "I'm still recovering after my injury and in a couple of weeks I will be fit and ready for the preparations.

"If I can't perform then my brother will step in the ring because he's been in this division a very long time.

"I'm very happy that David Haye eventually signed the contract, it will be the third time we've tried to fight each other.

"I think he chose me as the younger brother because he does not think I'm so tough - but he will get knocked out."

A number of potential venues are being discussed for the fight, which will take place on either June 25 or July 2.

However the Dortmund and Gelsenkirchen football stadiums in Germany are thought to be the front runners, with both holding upwards of 60,000 spectators.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...