Search This Blog

Klitschko vs Solis Fight For the Heavyweight Belt



Scheduled heavyweight fight, klitschko vs solis on March 19 2011 at the Lanxess-Arena in Cologne, Germany. Vitali Klitschko will have his defend of his title from the challenger Odlanier Solis who's ranked #1 in the WBC heavyweight division.


A 30 year old Cuban but resides in Florida has an impressive amateur record of 224 fights and 227 of these fights are victorious. As an amateur fighter he have been successful to achieve three times as a world champion in his amateur fights and also got the gold medal at Athens 2004. To become Vitali Klitschko's mandatory challenger, Odlanier Solis fortunately won a 10th-round disqualification victory against his opponent, Ray Austin in their title elimination bout held at Miami last December 17, 2010. As a professional, Odlanier Solis holds an impressive record of 17 wins with 12 of those victories are by way of knockout.

Odlanier Solis: "The Klitschkos seem to think that I am just another opponent like the last tomato cans they cherry-picked so Vitali could easily beat them up. But I am not only the mandatory challenger. I have been the best amateur fighter in the world and I will prove that I am the best professional fighter as well. Klitschko should be afraid to lose his title. I will end his career.


Across the ring, Vitali Klitschko a 39 years old heavyweight champion with an impressive record of 41 wins and 38 of these are by way of knockout and just been defeated twice due to unwanted muscle injuries. Vitali Klitschko's knockout percentage can be rate as high as 92 percent based on his record. In fact, Vitali Klitschko is the fourth heavyweight boxer to win the heavyweight belt thrice since the time of Muhammad Ali, Evander Hollyfield and Lennox Lewis. His last fight was a victory against the former champion Shannon Briggs by way of unanimous decision last October 2010 at Hamburg. And in Lanxess-Arena in Cologne klitschko vs solis fight will be held.

Vitali Klitschko: "I have heard and read different quotes from Solis saying that I tried to avoid him. This is nonsense. There's a reason why I'm WBC Champion and I am proud of holding the same title that Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis held. I will show inside the ring that I am the strongest heavyweight champion and I am 100 percent sure I will successfully defend my title. But I know Solis is a very tough opponent and I will not underestimate him."

Bernd Bonte, Managing Director of Klitschko Management Group (KMG): " We are glad we have a signed contract and a go for a March 19 Klitschko Solis fight in Cologne. Solis is definitely one of Vitali's toughest opponent. I think its a very interesting fight for the audience.

RTL will exclusively show live the klitschko vs solis fight in Germany. The klitschko vs solis fight tickets price will start at 25 euro and will be available at www.eventim.de.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...